Eisenhower Middle School  Logo
Get Active! Band Booster Club NJHS Student Council
Teachers and Staff
Welcome to the Library! What to Read Book Trailers Authors Battle of the Books Class Projects
Welcome to the EMS PTA PTA Mission Contacts Committees & Volunteering Fundraisers Box Tops for Education Student Store Info Star Tickets Reflections Advocacy Resources Minutes, Forms, and Bylaws Corporate Sponsors
Welcome to Eisenhower Middle School Absences Behavior Policy Bell Schedule Dress Code Parking and Transportation School Rules Attendance Bullying Prevention Departments Map to Eisenhower Middle School School Boundaries School Meals Special Education
What we teach Health Education Standards Information Technology Standards Language and Literature Standards Language Arts Standards Mathematical Standards Modern Language Standards Physical Education Standards Science Standards Social Studies Standards Theatre Standards

Our School Nurse

A professional school nurse, Janine Maydew, RN, is available daily to care for students. Her phone number is 292-2530 ext. 33507.




Medical providers in Albuquerque will no longer accept requests from APS school nurses for medication orders or nursing care orders for students to be faxed to the school.  It is critical that parents obtain these orders, signed by the provider and the parent, PRIOR to the beginning of the 2017-18 school year.  All current health forms can be obtained at http://www.aps.edu/nursing/nursing-forms.  Please bring any medications, supplies, or emergency medications with completed order forms at registration or the first day of school.  NO MEDICATION OR SUPPLIES CAN BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A VALID ORDER SIGNED BY THE PHYSICIAN AND THE PARENT.  

When to contact the School Nurse

Parents should contact the nurse about any health problems that might reflect on student performance. Lastly parents should also notify the Health Office of boosters administered so that immunization records may be kept current.

When Students get Ill or Injured at School

In the event that a student becomes ill or injured at school, he/she should report to the health office for care and observation. The parent/guardian will be called if a student complains of illness or injury and requests to go home. The parent will also be notified if a student is ill or injured and it appears that further treatment is necessary. The nurse or health assistant will call the parent to pick up the student. Emergency numbers are used in an emergency situation, when the parent(s) cannot be reached, or when the student is ill and it has been determined that the parent(s) cannot be reached.

Help with Medicaid

APS has a trained staff to enroll qualifying students into Medicaid. If you have questions concerning the qualifications needed to enroll please contact the nurse.


Long-Term Illness

If your child has surgery or an illness that causes a long-term absence, the nurse can coordinate information and schoolwork between the parent and teacher. Home Hospital can also be arranged if the child will be out of school 3 weeks or longer. Please contact the nurse’s office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made.


No news posted